Today, Objective Development released a critical update of Little Snitch to version 3.6.4. Update ASAP!
Here are the release notes from the installer:
Little Snitch 3.6.4
This update fixes critical issues. Please update as soon as possible!I've made certain that MacUpdate and MajorGeeks Mac (the two download sites I still use) have been notified. If you haven't used Little Snitch, you can find out more about this excellent 'reverse firewall' program HERE. It has a learning curve well worth climbing if you want to stop applications from phoning home or stop potential bot infections dead in their tracks. Intego's NetBarrier has similar functionality.
- Added IKEv2 VPN support to Automatic Profile Switching detection.
- Fixed: A critical bug enabling potential attackers to circumvent the Little Snitch network filter (thanks to @osxreverser for the report).
- Fixed: Under rare circumstances Fast User Switching causes all connection without rules to be denied without showing an alert.
- Fixed: Alerts triggered via “ask rule” sometimes produce rules with “Until Quit” instead of “Once” lifetime.
- Fixed: Rare crash when searching for rules or suggestions in Little Snitch Configuration.
- Other bugfixes and improvements.