10.5.6 was released Monday afternoon in combination with Apple Security Update 008. The security update is also available separately for Tiger, 10.4. You grab them via Software Update within Mac OS X or download them from Apple's website.
Here are some highlights:
- ATS (Apple Type Services) bug/security update. 10.5 only.
- BOM (Bill of Materials) security update.
- CoreGraphics security update.
- CoreServices security update to prevent web hijacking of a user's credentials.
- CoreTypes security update. Adds further file types to its Internet download warning list. 10.5 only.
- FlashPlayer Plug-in security update.
- Kernel security update. 10.5 only.
- - Security update to the inet_net_pton API.
- - Security update to the strptime API.
- - Security update to the strfmon API.
- network_cmds bug/security update.
- Podcast Producer security update. 10.5 Server only.
- UDF (Universal Disk Format) ISO (International Standards Organization disk image) handling bug/security update.
Details regarding 10.5.6 can be found over at my MacSmarticles blog.