Adobe Acrobat & Reader v15.016.20039
Check for updates from within the applications,
Or download update installers at the pages linked below:
Download Reader Update
Download Acrobat Update
The security bulletin is HERE.
Vulnerability DetailsTotal count: 92 CVEs patched.
• These updates resolve use-after-free vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2016-1045, CVE-2016-1046, CVE-2016-1047, CVE-2016-1048, CVE-2016-1049, CVE-2016-1050, CVE-2016-1051, CVE-2016-1052, CVE-2016-1053, CVE-2016-1054, CVE-2016-1055, CVE-2016-1056, CVE-2016-1057, CVE-2016-1058, CVE-2016-1059, CVE-2016-1060, CVE-2016-1061, CVE-2016-1065, CVE-2016-1066, CVE-2016-1067, CVE-2016-1068, CVE-2016-1069, CVE-2016-1070, CVE-2016-1075, CVE-2016-1094, CVE-2016-1121, CVE-2016-1122, CVE-2016-4102, CVE-2016-4107).
• These updates resolve heap buffer overflow vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2016-4091, CVE-2016-4092).
• These updates resolve memory corruption vulnerabilities that could lead to code execution (CVE-2016-1037, CVE-2016-1063, CVE-2016-1064, CVE-2016-1071, CVE-2016-1072, CVE-2016-1073, CVE-2016-1074, CVE-2016-1076, CVE-2016-1077, CVE-2016-1078, CVE-2016-1080, CVE-2016-1081, CVE-2016-1082, CVE-2016-1083, CVE-2016-1084, CVE-2016-1085, CVE-2016-1086, CVE-2016-1088, CVE-2016-1093, CVE-2016-1095, CVE-2016-1116, CVE-2016-1118, CVE-2016-1119, CVE-2016-1120, CVE-2016-1123, CVE-2016-1124, CVE-2016-1125, CVE-2016-1126, CVE-2016-1127, CVE-2016-1128, CVE-2016-1129, CVE-2016-1130, CVE-2016-4088, CVE-2016-4089, CVE-2016-4090, CVE-2016-4093, CVE-2016-4094, CVE-2016-4096, CVE-2016-4097, CVE-2016-4098, CVE-2016-4099, CVE-2016-4100, CVE-2016-4101, CVE-2016-4103, CVE-2016-4104, CVE-2016-4105).
• These updates resolve an integer overflow vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2016-1043).
• These updates resolve memory leak vulnerabilities (CVE-2016-1079, CVE-2016-1092).
• These updates resolve an information disclosure issue (CVE-2016-1112).
• These updates resolve vulnerabilities in the directory search path used to find resources that could lead to code execution (CVE-2016-1087, CVE-2016-1090, CVE-2016-4106).
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Coming up later this week:
Adobe Flash update.
The warning security advisory is HERE.
SummaryI'll make another post when the update for Adobe Flash is available. Until then, avoid or stop using Flash.
A critical vulnerability (CVE-2016-4117) exists in Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.124 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Chrome OS. Successful exploitation could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
Adobe is aware of a report that an exploit for CVE-2016-4117 exists in the wild. Adobe will address this vulnerability in our monthly security update, which will be available as early as May 12. For the latest information, users may monitor the Adobe Product Security Incident Response Team blog.